The Division of Coordination Chemistry (DCC) of the SCF broughts together all the SCF members with scientific interests in the core of coordination chemistry, as well as at its multiple interfaces : synthesis and reactivity of coordination and organometallic compounds, main group chemistry, molecular catalysis implicating metallic complexes, inorganic molecular materials, inorganic chemistry at the interface with life.
The main DCC initiatives are the following :
- Annual scientific meeting (the “Journées de Chimie de Coordination”, JCC), usually taking place during Winter (at the end of January – beginning of February). The meeting is hold in a different French city each year. It is attributed by the DCC board on the basis of bids by volunteer organizers. The most recent sites have been : Angers in 2011, Strasbourg in 2012, Rennes in 2013, Bordeaux in 2014 and Toulouse in 2015. The 2016 edition will take place in Grenoble.
- Assignment of an annual Award to a DCC-SFC member for his/her scientific contribution. The Award is attributed on an alternating basis to an established (senior) scientist with no age limit in the even years, and to a junior scientist (age limit : 40 years old) in the odd years. The call for nominations is typically announced during Winter, submission deadlines are during Spring and announcement of the recipient takes place before the end of Summer. The Award is presented during the subsequent JCC meeting.
- Assignment of grants to young DCC members (age limit : 35 years old) to defray the cost of their participation in a professional meeting, preferentially of international stature, on a topic relevent to Coordination Chemistry.
- Financial help, upon motivated request, for the organization of national meeting of potential interest to the DCC members.
- Publication twice a year of a Newsletter (new initiative since 2016).
- Participation, through members appointed by the DCC executive board and validated by the SCF national board of directors, to the activities of the Division of Inorganic Chemistry and of the Division of Organometallic Chemistry of the EuCheMS.
In addition, the DCC participates to all other activities and initiatives of the SCF upon solicitations by the board of directors (nominations for the SCF Grand Prizes, for Binational Prizes, for SCF Distinguished Members, contributions to the SCF publication “L’Actualité Chimique”, etc.).